You must have noticed that in the sports betting world, there looks to be a fast-growing interest in so-called ‘live betting’. You may well remember that this live betting phenomenon first started to show up with European Soccer matches. From there, interest in live betting became increasingly popular and is now readily available at quite a number of sports betting venues. With that in mind, the question is what sort of strategy would apply to live betting?
350+ Sports Events
150+ Sports Games
What You’ll Find In Our Guide
Live Betting Strategy
Start with a simple and basic sports betting strategy that you can readily apply to live betting. This strategy is to place your live sports bet on the heavy favorite that currently trails in the event but still has a better than even chance of pulling through to win. Here’s what that could look like in real life.
Suppose that prior to the sports betting event actual start the sports bettor would have to layout about -300 on the moneyline. However, once the event is underway, the fact of the matter is that you most likely can now get the same wager for +100 with a live bet. Understandably with this sort of wager you really have to be paying close attention to the how the game is progressing to determine if there really is a chance to rally from behind and end up with a win. That being said, you will want to understand that more often than not, the superior team gets behind early and can come all the way to end up with a win without actually covering the spread.
In-Play Betting Strategy
Another live betting strategy that you may want to explore once you are comfortable with the basic strategies is that of what is referred to as middling a bet. That means that during the event itself, you actually go back to a sports bet placed prior and in effect lock in your profit. You do this sort of thing by hedging. In this case, your hedge means you take the exact opposite side of your original wager. Now understand that this type of live betting strategy is a rather advanced strategy, one to keep in mind as you learn the ins and the outs of live betting.
Bottom line: you cannot deny that live betting is fast becoming the next big thing in the sports betting world. Best you approach live betting a bit slowly by becoming adept at the basic live betting strategies. Then you can comfortably explore more advanced live betting strategies.
How to Place Live Bets in America
Learning how to live bet is fairly easy. You can do this via mobile sports betting apps or sites that we have on our list above. However, you will need to be very focused on both the odds and the game itself when placing such in-play bets. Sometimes the odds change after almost every play, depending on the market that you choose. It’s also important that you understand what each wager is for as in-play betting is fast-paced.
Here are a few easy steps to take when you want to wager on live sports:
- Sign up – you can open a sports betting account with one or more sportsbooks from our list.
- Deposit and claim your bonus – usually on your first deposit, the bookmaker will offer you a welcome bonus which you can use to bet on a specific event or any market depending on the terms.
- Go onto the live sports section on the site – usually, the live market has its own separate tab next to the ‘sports’ tab. There you will find all the on-going live markets.
- Choose your market and make your selections – you can wager on one or more games. If you wish you can combine different betting markets on a single bet slip to increase your odds and payout.
- Claim your winnings – should the outcome become successful, your winnings will be credited onto your sports betting account and you can then request a withdrawal. In parlay betting, you lose if one of the games in your multi-bet slip loses. Alternatively, you can request an early cash out for the games you’ve gotten correctly if you think the remainder of your other bets won’t go as projected.
Live Betting Odds
The odds for the live betting system change based on the current state of the game. You will see some odds also get locked when it’s the closing minutes or final rounds of the match, and sometimes when the outcome of the game is inescapable.
What can increase your chances of winning when live betting is to live stream the games with a bookmaker; William Hill and Betway live betting services do offer live streaming on ongoing matches. You may initially back a certain player to win, only for them to have an injury just a couple of minutes into the game, and now that you would have seen that, in-running on a different player may help you negate from that and provide you with extra real cash based on the updated odds.
Live Betting Software & Apps
According to recent research, betting in-play on the go via mobile devices is more popular than betting from desktops. This is because the live betting software allows you to carry your favorite betting site everywhere you go. You can wager from any in America via your smartphone, tablet, Mac or any other laptop. The software was created with the user in mind; hence bettors can choose whether to download an app onto their mobile or wager straight from the browser.