March Madness 2020 is the most anticipated competition on the college basketball calendar, with around 50 million bettors expected to place a wager in the USA. NCAA basketball teams around the country compete to qualify for the tournament during regular-season games. Oddsmakers provide competitive betting lines on the odds of teams qualifying and winning the competition.
From mid-March to early April, March Madness betting stats occupy sportsbook websites in America to attract bettors to the market. We feature a guide to help new players understand how to bet on March Madness games and win. Our team of experts have formulated a shortlist of teams that are favorites to win the March Madness tournament.
Best March Madness Betting Sites
What you will find in this Betting Guide
- How Does March Madness Betting Work?
- Odds to Win March Madness
- March Madness Bracket
- March Madness Betting App
How Does March Madness Betting Work?
You will find this guide helpful when learning how to bet on March Madness games. After all, the NCAA tournament has been taking place since 1939. This means that over the course of time, pro gamblers have figured out the best way to win betting on college basketball games. The league is divided into four divisions: East, West, North, and South. The teams that take part are distributed across the grid by virtue of their point total and face each other to see who triumphs.
Fans get in the action by voting on the March Madness bracket to determine which teams will make the final four. To date, no one has successfully predicted the bracket. This guide will shed some light on how to win at college basketball betting online:
- Choose the winner in a single-elimination game in the tournament.
- You can try placing a future bet and predict the champion.
Odds to Win March Madness
The teams with the best odds of winning have a proven record of winning, with their points tally indicating their form in the season. With the college basketball league featuring 63 games for each team, it’s a long time to identify which teams are strong and which ones won’t make the cut. Some of the teams that are pegged as less likely to win are discounted looking at the following factors:
- Teams experience injuries to their key players either during or pre-tournament.
- The basketball team’s season-long performances haven’t been impressive despite a late surge of wins including games in their conference tournament.
- The defensive capabilities of the team leave a lot to be desired, even though they may possess a strong offensive display.
- Oddsmakers explore the stats of the tournament to identify particular trends, such as how teams have performed in each round in the past. These numbers become the bedrock of NCAAB computer picks that are promoted to players.
March Madness Bracket
US players have the option of betting on individual games or trying out the bracket challenge. All of the March Madness betting games fall under the bracket pool of 64 teams vying for top honors. The bracket challenge is divided into four regions, with teams being seeded based on accumulated points from one through to 16. Sportsbooks, such as DraftKings and FanDuel, provide competitive odds on the contest. Last year, the total prize was set at $100 000 for a player that could win the challenge. Put your best foot forward this time around and stand a chance to win big.
March Madness Betting App
The best betting sites in the US feature top-rated gambling apps for players looking to play on the go. They operate legally, with licenses from gaming authorities to supply college basketball betting options for US players. Players have to do their due diligence and ensure that the betting sites are permitted to offer the betting lines in their state.
You can bet on March Madness games in the following states:
- New Jersey Sports Betting
- Indiana Sports Betting
- Nevada Sports Betting
- New Hampshire