Arsenal vs Liverpool Predictions, Picks & Odds 7/15/20
The 36th match week of the English Premier League continues with a big game between Arsenal and Liverpool in London. These two teams come into this game with some very different motives. Liverpool has already won the league, and if their performances in past weeks since winning are anything to go by, they aren’t too worried about finishing out the season on a high note.
However, Arsenal still has a lot to play for this season. Although the Europa League has been compared to winning “Formula Two”, it is European Championship that adds silverware to trophy cabinets and cash to a team’s bank account. And, Arsenal still has to cement their qualification in the tournament next season. So, who will win this one?
Arsenal vs Liverpool Predictions
Before we get into the prediction, here are some facts and stats that people should keep in mind when making their wagers:
- Arsenal has had a tough few weeks lined with matches with the best teams in the league. Although they were able to get a win over Wolves, they drew against Leicester City and lost 2-1 against Tottenham Hotspur. The team seems to be buckling a bit under pressure faced against more competitive teams, and this may fair badly for them.
- Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has referenced the shallow talent pool in his side compared to other competitive teams. This is not to say that the team doesn’t have good players, but we have already seen in other games featuring Arsenal that it is often “a tale of two halves”.
- If Liverpool’s most recent results are anything to go by, it seems as if manager Jurgen Klopp told the team that they can stop pushing following their league victory. Since their victory, the team has seemed less formidable, especially after that 4-0 loss against Man City. They enter this one following a one-all draw against Burnley.
- Although Liverpool isn’t playing as hard as they were a few weeks ago, they still have the ability to make incredible offensive plays without issue. Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mané are still playing incredibly well and continue to come up big for the team.
- Arsenal and Liverpool have played each other 228 times. Liverpool has the edge with 89 wins over Arsenal’s 78 wins. Their last five games between these two teams have seen three wins for Liverpool and two draws.
This one is quite difficult. On the one hand, you have Liverpool who won the league, but since doing so has turned off the steam. On the other, you have Arsenal, who need to win games to get a Europa League spot but have frailties in their squad.
Overall, we don’t think that Liverpool will play as good as they should, but Arsenal has been struggling against lesser teams as of late. We don’t think that they have it in them to pull out a victory against the league victors.
So, take the moneyline on Liverpool here. Don’t try the correct score because it will probably just get you into trouble in this one.