The collective wisdom of the public when betting is important, especially in college basketball. Our expert tipsters track various websites, forums, and bookmakers to identify NCAAB consensus picks for today. Bettors that follow the sport religiously will naturally tell which teams are the favorites and the underdogs in an NCAAB matchup. What you do with that information is sets the big winners and the losers apart.
Our NCAA Basketball consensus picks guide will add value to your betting strategy by identifying conditions to bet against the public. Learn how to fade the public without risking too much when betting. Our team of gamblers encourages bettors to gain insight into betting percentages that will assist them to make informed bets. Find out where you can bet on NCAA tournament games from our recommended sports betting sites.
Best NCAA Basketball Betting Sites
What You will find on this Betting Guide:
- What is NCAAB Consensus?
- Betting with or Against the Public
- College Basketball Picks Against the Spread
What is College Basketball Public Consensus?
A college basketball public consensus is a percentage of bets in an NCAAB contest leaning towards a particular result. The ratio describes the number of the betting public spread between bettors that think one side will win, and the ones that believe the team will lose. With that data, bettors can influence the NCAAB point spread that oddsmakers offer on a matchup and win big.
Betting with or Against the Public
With oddsmakers having a general appreciation of teams like Kansas, North Carolina, and Duke that win most of their games. Betting on those teams may give bettors greater odds of winning, but the payout will not be worth the bet. This is especially the case when making moneyline bets. Expert handicappers opt to fade the public by checking the betting trend, schedule of both teams, the roster, and other factors that may offset the overall chance of the favorite team. Once there is a noticeable betting tendency, the oddsmakers will attempt to trump up the odds for the spread.
College Basketball Picks Against the Spread
Bettors should not consider betting against the spread if their reason is based on their gut. The public sentiment leans towards a particular team largely due to their record in the season and previously. Some of the factors that support our college basketball predictions for today include the following:
- Schedule – if the favorites are coming off a string of games on the road and are playing a rested underdog team, the less fancied team can upset the favorites. Basketball is a game that requires tons of energy, and teams with fewer games tend to play better.
- Head-to-Head Matchups – some teams perform better against certain teams even though they may have a terrible record. It is prudent to check the stats of previous matches between teams in the regular season as well as the postseason results.
- Roster – check if the star players will feature in the game. The teams give updates of team line-ups, and injury updates so that bettors can take the necessary steps to change their bets.
- Season Matchup – it is important not to be duped by a team’s regular-season performance and think that they will replicate it during the postseason. Some teams save their best performances for big stages, such as March Madness.