Major League Soccer may be lagging slightly behind America’s top four sports leagues, but it is fast catching up. The amount of investment in the association, talent recruitment, and sponsorship to the different clubs have improved the competitiveness of the league. From when the league first started in 1996, the MLS grew from just eight teams to a total of 26 clubs representing their respective regions in the US and Canada. Nowadays, MLS betting is a norm, with expert tipsters providing score predictions and analysis of every game.
Our MLS betting guide features the latest odds, soccer picks and betting lines comparisons of upcoming matches. After going through this guide, you’ll be able to bet on soccer games more effectively. Check out some of the sports betting sites that we recommend for US bettors looking for top MLS odds 2020.
Top MLS Betting Sites for 2020
What you will find on this MLS Betting Guide:
Why Bet on MLS Soccer?
The MLS has become a hugely competitive league that is able to attract the best soccer players in the world to US shores. This has made betting on the MLS games more profitable than it has ever been. As a growing betting market, players still need to screen the betting platform to ensure that it is safe and secure. Use this checklist we’ve compiled to find the best sportsbook for MLS games:
- The number of legal sportsbooks in America that offer the best MLS betting lines has increased. You can find betting sites that are fully licensed with the reputable authorities as per the gambling laws in US states.
- The are plenty of MLS gambling sites with live betting options for players looking for in-play action.
- Top sites offer generous bonus packages to reward players for signing up online. You can claim a welcome bonus reward and bet on soccer today.
- You can check if the customer support is helpful with the sports-related queries that players have.
MLS Odds to Win the Cup
A full season in Major League Soccer features a similar format to all the national sports in America. The league is divided into two conferences, the Eastern Conference and the Western Conference. During the regular season, each team plays a total of 34 soccer games to win the Supporters’ Shield. Three points are awarded to the team that wins the match after regulation time, while a draw means that teams share a point each.
After the conclusion of the league games, the top 14 teams on the standings from each conference qualify for the MLS playoffs series. This forms part of the postseason, where teams are knocked out after losing the match. The last two finalists play the penultimate game for the championship in the MLS Cup. You can find MLS Cup odds for 2020 to win big even before the league games begin.
|MLS Eastern Conference||MLS Western Conference|
|FC Cincinnati||Houston Dynamo|
|Inter Miami||Minnesota United FC|
|New England||Portland Timbers|
|NYC FC||Real Salt Lake|
|NY Red Bulls||San Jose|
|Orlando City||Seattle Sounders|
|Toronto FC||Vancouver Whitecaps|
Latest MLS Predictions
It is probably worth mentioning that when gambling on soccer, sportsbooks naturally set their odds, looking at the big-name players on each team. Our MLS betting predictions cover player stats and overall performance over the entire season, looking at the goal-scoring rate, clean sheets, and head-to-head matchups.
MLS Betting Tips
In order to guarantee that your overall gambling experience is excellent, players need to remember that the MLS is different from the NFL and NBA. Soccer is generally a low scoring game, much like the NHL. Thus, there are specific betting tips and tricks that have worked on soccer matches for pro gamblers.
- Homeground advantage – just like in every other sport, teams generally play games in their home arena or visit an opponent’s stadium. It is prudent to bet on the team with the majority of fans in the stands. This strategy helps motivate the players to perform better, in the same breath, put pressure on the rival team.
- MLS betting stats are useful – pay attention to how a team is performing at one point in the season and compare the form with their opponents. It means bettors should look at the standings to find out the position of the team, the schedule, and the next game that they will play.
- Follow MLS picks by pro tipsters – the web is full of tipsters that analyze every club’s chances of winning the game. The trick is to find experts that know what they are talking about and that don’t charge you a penny. Get free MLS betting picks for today’s matches and bet on the predicted favorite to win.
- When gambling on soccer, limit the number of teams on a bet slip – bettors should try and limit their bets to less than eight games on a single bet slip. You will need to win all the games to cash out, thus minimizing the risk.