Soccer betting in America remains an uncharted territory, despite the fact that the sports has grown in popularity over the years. While it is not as popular as the four major sports in the USA, it has developed steadily to become a fully-fledged betting market for US gamblers. This has led to many online soccer betting sites being created as a result. This shouldn’t come as a shock since soccer is the most popular sport in the world. With American soccer getting much-needed investment over the years, it has been able to attract some of the best soccer players on the planet.
Betting in the USA for soccer can easily become a daunting task since bettors don’t follow the sports as religiously as they do with football, hockey or basketball. This is why we’ve created this guide to soccer betting for US players to familiarise themselves with the sport. You can bet on soccer matches in the Major League Soccer along with dozens of international soccer leagues and tournaments from around the globe. Find a list of online soccer betting sites that you can sign up to below.
Top US Soccer Betting Sites
350+ Sports Events
150+ Sports Games
What you will find on this guide:
- How to Make Money Betting on Soccer
- Understand Soccer Betting Lines
- Top Soccer Leagues to Bet on
- Expert Soccer Betting Tips
- Top-Rated US Betting Markets Online
How to Make Money Betting on Soccer
Soccer shouldn’t be too much of a foreign subject to American sports fans, seeing as how we hosted the FIFA World Cup in 1994 which is the biggest international tournament in the world. You can learn how to make money betting on soccer by following our step-by-step tutorial. While you may not watch every soccer match, you can bet on soccer using these easy steps.
- It is safe to assume that most US bettors aren’t fans soccer, it would be prudent to learn the basics before you jump straight to betting on soccer matches. Unlike the four major sports in the US, soccer only has two halves. It is a generally low-scoring game and teams with the best players tend to win games.
- You need to find a soccer betting USA legal website that offers players a generous bonus when they sign up. While most states in America have changed their laws governing online betting, it is important for players to ensure that their site is regulated
- Before you bet, always check what analysts of the sport and soccer tipsters’ predictions and tips for the next game. This is an important part of a bettors research, searching for the teams starting XI and which players are injured.
Understand Soccer Betting Lines
There are hundreds of official soccer leagues in the world to bet on, and even more betting lines that you can try out. We’ve looked at the most basic soccer gambling lines that you will find at any sportsbook online. The common mistake that players fall victim to is not knowing the differences in bets. This comprehensive guide will prevent that from taking place
- Soccer Handicap Betting: the meaning of handicap in soccer refers to a picking a team that is pegged as favorites and putting them at a disadvantage in the number of goals they need to score for you to win.
- Over Under Soccer Bets: this bet predicts the number of goals that will be scored in a half or full-time result. You can also wager on individual soccer team score total to increase
- Soccer Betting 1×2: the most basic bet is the moneyline bet, in which you choose the winner of the game after the full-time. You can also pick a draw to increase your odds and win big.
- Parlay Betting in Soccer: as you’ve come to appreciate, you can always group a bunch of lines that you are confident in and increase your odds.
Top Soccer Leagues to Bet on
- Major League Soccer
- English Premier League
- Spanish La Liga
- MLS Cup
- Italian Serie A
- World Cup
- CONCACAF Champions League
- UEFA Champions League
- Europa League
- German Bundesliga
Expert Soccer Betting Tips
Most of the American soccer gambling websites provide these betting lines and they offer bettors a great way to make money betting on soccer. Players should be wary not to get carried away with their online soccer bets, lest they lose a large chunk of their money. Losing in soccer gambling can be mitigated with a clear and concise strategy to betting. Here are some of the soccer gambling strategies that we have found to work for US players:
- Players should prioritise betting on a league or tournament that they will be able to follow and have a genuine interest in. You can try something close to home and choose MLS betting, or any of the popular international leagues.
- Always keep in mind how the general public is betting in order to pick your bets. You may choose to go against the public and earn more or play it safe and bet on the favorites with a larger stake.
- Maintain a record of your bets, this is including wins and losses. These will serve as reference point and allow you to establish a pattern for certain teams. For example, most teams perform better when they have home advantage.
- Do your due diligence on every game before you make your bet. That is, check the soccer log standing to find our how the team performed in their previous matches in order to determine the form they have.